Monday, July 6, 2009

body shock.

My eyes scream your presence,
My lips are stained with want.
My veins have run dry-
pumping this emptiness for some time.
they're twisting around my bones like leeches,
draining up the reality that you are gone.

My distracted skull is chipping,
cracking from this withdrawl
splinters of bone raining on my covered mind-
brains wrapped with sticky notes,
the only thing i have left of you.
but the glue is dying off,
and revealing the reality.

my shaking fingers can't even grasp this-
this knowledge that you're not here.
the brittleness is ticking,
singing me to sleep.
in my dreams is you, and only you.
until the moments when i awake;
it keeps me from reality.

my throat is sore from the validity,
burned from the vacancy that fills up my lungs.
the oxygen can't even reach them,
vocal cords clogged with bitterness.
the bad taste in my mouth stings,
just another reminder of reality.

then i feel your skin around mine,
the warmth overcomes me.
my blood rushes to my head
and i let go of my bruised thoughts.
you are here now, you are here
and i like this reality.

-mdm

1 comment:

  1. this is just amazing.

    you are very, very, very talented... even my mom agrees:)

    ReplyDelete