Tuesday, July 21, 2009

anymore.

have you ever listened to Emmy Rossum? well my friend, she is quite amazing.
a couple of days ago, i played the last song on her album, (since i had not yet listened to it,) and fell in love with it. it is by far her best song on the CD.
well, that song inspired me to paint.
i listened to the song over and over again, as i painted the feelings that the song gave me. it inspired me to make something more.
when i was finally finished, i was covered in dark coal, maroon, and bone paint.
i felt significant.
i looked upon my easel, realizing that i was kind of in a daze while i was painting...my hands had worked without any instruction; the music taking over my soul.
it's a funny feeling when something like that happens, especially because you don't realize what you are capable of. it's really quite something.
it's like: you're more than that.
Photobucket
this isn't the picture i painted, but i sketched this with ink one day during class.

3 comments:

  1. I have an ward for you here: http://alexovicha.blogspot.com/2009/07/blog-award.html
    Really awsome! And all of your storys are amasing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sick drawing. It's very detailed. You must have been very bored during class haha. Unless, you did this in art class of course. I do that a lot too...especially in math. >.>

    Lately Regina Spektor has been doing the same for me as Emmy Rossum did for you. Regina's piano melodies are really upbeat. Her singing style is original, and can differ from the "norm". She just does whatever she wants. And her voice is sooo cute. <3 And she's very beautiful. hahaha now I just sound like an obsessive fanboy...wchih I'm not. xD

    Anywaaaaay, I'll checkout Emmy Rossum. :]

    ReplyDelete