Monday, April 13, 2009

oh kitty! how nice it would be if we could only get through the looking glass house!

As I am sitting here, drinking white hot chocolate and listening to words that I know too well, (Alice in Wonderland is seriously here with me through everything,) I am starting to wonder about life and the point. Of course there are those great moments, memories saved in little boxes. But they dwindle away.
They always do. We always try to hold on to them, but they find a way of escaping our grasp. I can remember back to days when I would sit in my big living room back in East Haven. The sunlight would pour through the big picture window as I would watch the works of Beatrix Potter. Back when living carefree was normal and innocence was the way of life. Those days of ice cream trucks and Easter egg hunts. I miss it. Then there are memories from summers, when Caitlin and I would drink frappuccinos as we dressed like hippies, holding ‘Honk For Peace’ signs. And when we made that really long video. Or when we went to the racetrack pretending we were British; stalking this kid and eating cheetos. Lucky charms, tag sales, dino bones, backstreet boy calls….those were good times. Then the days of my family…murder mysteries and purple mountain dew, crappy flat irons and weird nail polish. The days of the squeaker, and the animaniacs, underwater tea parties and wooden swings. Family is a good thing. The memories from autumn; band competitions and sequals, crunchy leaf piles and weird green 3D glasses. You probably don't understand any of this.
But it brings me to the point that memories are everything. Time is everything. You need to savior the moment, and not let one to waste. Don’t care what others think, because life is short. Think positively. Don’t try to figure life out, because you can’t. Life is a jumble of confusing. Just follow it as it goes. Live it. Like the Doorknob says, “Read the directions and directly you will be directed in the right direction.”

-mdm.
peter rabbit Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment