Monday, August 24, 2009

Crying Wolf

You never believed what i had to say
Just too hard for you to convey
You wore your judgement free and loose,
Getting your morals from mother goose.

I let the hurt out more and more,
Senseless knocking at my door
With twisted hair and twisted veins,
Rusted tears and window panes.

You'll never know the itch of sting,
You'll never know the pain you bring.
Scars from years of mind abuse,
'Ask a pharmacist before use.'

Do not take more than is directed,
Just enough to feel connected.
The quantity taken, an overdose
I can feel it now, I'm getting close.

It was fun this time, this game of trust.
But now all that has turned to dust.
Taking more than you allow,
Maybe you will listen, now.

5 comments:

  1. I really like this. It reads very nicely.

    This line is really cool: "You'll never know the itch of sting"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You right beautifully, defentely not everithing bautiful is happy, even if we would rather have happy than sad and pain, but whatever inspires beautiful is defenetly welcom, in my book

    ReplyDelete
  3. "'Ask a pharmacist before use.'

    Do not take more than is directed,
    Just enough to feel connected.
    The quantity taken, an overdose
    I can feel it now, I'm getting close."

    That part was especially extra awesome. But beautiful poem. I dig it lots. Sorry about what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is an amazing poem - i love it! x

    ReplyDelete